Producing high-performance automobiles at a market-beating pace requires cutting-edge automotive engineering expertise. Analyzer has rich experience in the automotive industry complemented by our impeccable record of providing innovative engineering solutions makes us your best bet in the bargain to stay ahead of the competition. Analyzer provides design analysis services for specialized modeling and simulations for various areas of automotive engineering. We offer CAE technique for solving the most challenging automotive problems. A glimpse of the problems tackled by Analyzer are given below,
FEA in Automotive Industry
- FEA of Chassis: Structural analysis of chassis for determining the strength and dynamic characteristic of chassis under various road load conditions.
- FEA of Brakes: Structural analysis of brake for validating the strength of disc brake under routine braking & hard braking conditions.
- FEA of Powertrain – Engine, Transmission, Drive lines: Structural and modal analysis of engines is performed to check the strength & stability of engine components under various operating conditions. Static, Fatigue, Modal and Vibrational analysis are performed on transmission system to determine life expectancy of gears, shear-bending stresses and vibration of transmission line.
- FEA of Steering Systems: Structural analysis of steering system is carried out to check its natural frequency, strength and deformation due to excessive vibration, fluctuating forces during steering and bumping of vehicle .
- FEA of Exhaust Systems: Structural analysis of exhaust system under vibrational loading, road load conditions and thermal loading to determine the strength, stability and life expectancy of exhaust system.
- FEA of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning): Structural analysis of HVAC components under various loading and vehicle operating conditions.
- FEA of Air Bag Deployment / Inflation: Airbags are required for safety of passengers in case of crash of car. FEA is used to analyze mainly the frontal impact caused by accident which suddenly reduces the velocity of car to zero. Airbags reduce peak head acceleration and peak chest accelerating thus protecting the body parts from severe injuries.
- FEA of Wheels: Structural analysis for determining the strength & fatigue life of wheels.
- FEA of Mirror: Automobile rear view mirrors should not distort the reflected image due to vibration of frame on which they are resting even if frequencies matches the natural frequency. Stability analysis of rear view mirror is performed under vehicle operating condition for checking any possibility of mirror vibration.
CFD in Automotive Industry
- CFD of Vehicle External Aerodynamics: Flow over the entire automotive body for determining the drag at various speeds and design optimization for better performance.
- CFD of Vehicle Internal Aerodynamics: Flow through ducts, air vents for reducing the pressure losses.
- CFD of Climate & Comfort Control: Determining the accurate flow & thermal profile inside the cabin for studying the environment inside the passenger car compartment under complex environments such as indoor, outdoor & in transportation system with all types of heat loads acting on the system.
- CFD of Under hood simulation: Under hood is one of the most complex area and based on CFD simulation the location and size of components can be optimized for better performance of cooler, fan and other components.
- CFD of Intake Systems: Determining the pressure drop across intake system and reducing it drastically with effective design modifications. Also significantly improving the dust separation efficiency with Discrete Phase Modeling (DPM) approach.
- CFD of Exhaust Systems: Now a days due to stringent emission norms, lot of emphasis is being given to exhaust systems. Using advance CFD techniques we study Flow for back pressure, flow distribution index on catalyst inlets, Conjugate heat transfer to find out skin temperature, hot spots on after treatment heat shields, v-bands, sensors, sensor mounts and DEF dozer, spray analysis for various mixer designs for uniformity index and wall film deposition.
- CFD of IC Engine: Cold flow simulations for identifying and improving the fluid flow inside the ports and the combustion chamber with an optimization process to increase the volume of air accessing the combustion space and to increase the turbulence of the air at the end of the compression stage. Combustion simulation for determining the combustion performance (BMEP, Fuel efficiency and Power density) and emissions which is influenced by fuel injection system, fuel properties , engine breathing parameters.
- CFD of Brake Cooling: Determining the temperature within various braking elements for avoiding excessive wear due to overheating.
- CFD of Automotive Head and Tail Lamp Cooling: Automotive lighting industry is undergoing changes with invent of LED’s. For complex lighting system of headlight and tail lamp thermal management of LED’s always required. Determining the behavior of complex thermal system with careful modeling of all modes of heat transfer and based on that suggesting the effective modifications for best possible performance of Head & Tail Lamp system.
- CFD of Hydraulics: Defining the best possible flow paths within hydraulics for improved & proper functioning of hydraulics system.
- CFD of Airbags: Airbags are required for safety of passengers in case of crash of car. To determine the pressure field and spread the gas in sideways of airbag so that it is not “out of position” (OOP) during impact.
- CFD of Fuel System: Fuel systems are critical in automotive industry from perspective of design as well as safety. CFD is required for avoiding backfill and early shut offs or spills which may be dangerous.
- CFD of Deicing and Defogging: Deicing and defogging of windshield is important to maintain visibility for the driver. Simulation of deicing and defogging involves both geometrical complexity and complex physics. Warm and dry air, which impinges at certain velocity and angle relative to the windshield, helps to reduce the thickness of the water film thus improving driver’s visibility. Therefore, designing of the HVAC system using CFD tool for reducing the water film thickness to an accepted level for visibility.
- CFD of Wind Noise: Wind noise arises due to aerodynamics of vehicle, drivetrain or tires on road. At higher speeds wind noise due to aerodynamics become more dominant thus making it difficult for driver to concentrate. Determining these phenomena beforehand and comparatively at low cost compared to prototyping or tunnel testing.