The performance of turbomachinery is closely related to the complicated internal flow. A good understanding of the internal flow is the keystone of the high performance turbomachinery design. Analyzer’s deeper understanding on turbomachinery performance contributing factors helps developing efficient turbomachinery devices and helps in further fine tuning for next generation power plants. Analyzer is specialized in providing solutions for turbomachinery design improvements and optimization of performance with various CAE techniques. A glimpse of the problems tackled by Analyzer are given below,
FEA in Turbomachinery
- Thermal & Structural Analysis, in order to ensure operability of Steam turbine, gas turbines & pumps.
- Thermal Shock & transient analyses of turbomachinery.
- Creep analysis of turbomachinery blades & casing.
- Torsional analysis of power trains.
- Fatigue analysis for low as well as high cycle fatigues of turbo machineries
- Joint Characterization & leakage prediction analyses of bolted-gasketed joints.
- Thermo-mechanical & elasto-plastic analysis of turbine rotors & casings.
- Modal & harmonic analyses of various components of turbo-machinery such as turbines, centrifugal pumps, etc. under the operating conditions.
- Vibration analysis of turbine blades.
CFD in Turbomachinery
- Design Optimization: Flow characteristics optimization of turbomachinery devices like turbines, compressors, pumps, fans and blowers in earlier stages of design process.
- Design Modifications: Effective design modifications of rotor blades, suction and casing within existing device for improved performance of turbomachinery devices.
- Cavitation: Determining the possibility of cavitation in turbomachinery devices using advanced CFD physical models.
- Leakage: Determining the leakage between rotor & stator at labyrinth location and applying the effective design modification within labyrinth for keeping the leakage as low as possible.
- Blade Cooling: Thermal analysis is done for observing the thermal distribution on the blade profiles, which can include film holes, impingement holes, trailing edge exit slots.
- H-Q Characteristics Estimation: Head vs flow rate characteristics of any turbomachine devices are required to be known which is possible doing simulation.